Guests are requested not to smoke inside the property
Guests are strongly advised to take out travel insurance to cover any cancellation charges.
During main holiday periods, changeover day is Friday, and the cottage is available from 4.30 pm on arrival day, until 10.00am upon departure. At other times, we welcome short breaks of any duration and are pleased to make individual arrangements.
1) The Applicant certifies that they are over 18 and authorised to sign the proposal form on behalf of all guests who will occupy the property, and that they are all (apart from children) aware of the Booking Conditions. No other guests other than those named on the form may occupy the property without written confirmation from the owner. Additional guests without such agreement will constitute a breach of contract and the owner has the right to terminate the booking forthwith and all monies paid will be forfeit.
2) All guests undertake to take care of the property and will replace or pay for any articles damaged, chipped or lost by their party. All guests undertake to leave the property in the clean and tidy condition in which they find it and pay for any additional cleaning if they fail to do so, and also to leave the key where instructed at the end of their stay.
3) No booking shall be deemed as confirmed until a deposit has been paid and confirmed in writing by the owner.
4) Cancellation Policy – 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check in date.
5) The balance of the holiday cost is due 4 weeks prior to the date of arrival and if not received by this date, the owner will contact the applicant by all means available. If the balance remains unpaid, then the owner shall immediately re-offer the holiday and any monies already received shall be forfeit unless the dates are re-let as set out in 3) above.
6) Pets are only allowed by specific prior agreement and subject to the owner accepting liability for any damage they may do, and on the condition that they are not left unattended in the property. Pet owners undertake not to allow their pets on the beds, and also to bring their own suitable pet bedding with them. Pet owners are reminded that other guests including children will use the gardens, and undertake to clean up any mess made by their pets.
7) Properties are available from 4.30pm on arrival day and until 10.00am on departure day. These times must be adhered to except by special arrangement in writing from the owner.
8) The use of all amenities provided by the owners is entirely at users risk and no responsibility can be accepted for any injuries to persons or loss or damage to any belongings of persons who use them. Children must be accompanied by an adult when using the games room/gym.
9) If the property should not be available owing to damage by fire or storm or for any other reason outside of the control of the owner or for any reason the owner is not able to comply with this agreement the owner shall refund to the applicant the full amount of money paid and the owners liability is limited to the refunding of such monies.
10) Finally, in spite of all due care and precautions taken, mistakes do sometimes happen. Any complaint must be taken up immediately in full with the owner who will take all reasonable steps to put the matter right.
Hop Press Cottage, is an idyllic Grade II detached cottage, located within the walled garden of our farmhouse, and perfect for a romantic break. (Do let us know if your stay is for a special occasion!) It has its own secluded private cobbled terrace with barbeque and across the walled garden is a gateway leading out onto sixteen acres of our own farmland with very fresh eggs for breakfast and wonderful views all around.
Northiam village is approximately a mile away, where you can catch the famous East Sussex Steam Railway to either Tenterden with its antique shops, or to moated Bodiam Castle, and also the River Rother with boat trips, and the late Christopher Lloyd’s Great Dixter with its wonderful gardens and historic hall house nearby.
The front door enters from a cobbled courtyard, and the back door enters from the cottage’s own picturesque private cobbled terrace. Sun loungers and barbeque are provided in summer months.
From the cobbled courtyard, the front door opens into the living room with a spectacular inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove and complete with ancient wash copper to the side, mellow polished brick floors with cosy rugs, part stone walls and the whole is heavily beamed. The log burner is laid ready for your arrival in winter months and there is a good supply of logs in the fireplace. The cottage is very comfortably furnished with quality armchairs, and sofa bed, (for occasional extra guests) along with polished oak dining table and chairs, TV/DVD/CD/radio, Ipod dock etc and a selection of books and games in case of the odd wet day. It also has free Wi-Fi.
The separate tiny kitchen is very pretty with a beamed, vaulted ceiling and has been carefully planned to include electric oven, gas hob with extractor, fridge and dishwasher, along with the usual microwave, toaster and full selection of cooking utensils. A freezer is housed in a cupboard just outside the kitchen. Quality crockery, glassware and cutlery all contribute to a special stay.
A polished oak staircase leads to the first floor with views out over the surrounding countryside, both from the window and also the top portion of a stable door which can be opened in summer time. The double bedroom has a glorious vaulted ceiling, complete with bracket for the original hop press, and a further full sized chair bed, providing a single bed, suitable for adult or child. A travel cot, stair gate and booster high chair seat can all be supplied if required. Antique pine furniture and a further TV/DVD complete this lovely room.
The bathroom comprises with WC, hand basin, bath with mixer taps and shower attachment and further wash basin, runs full width of the cottage and contains the brick chimney, which runs up the centre and is a feature of this room.
Whilst Hop Press Cottage can be booked on its own as a special place to stay, larger parties or families can book it together with Firkin Barn Cottage and /or The Suite to accommodate a larger group.
Guests to Hop Press Cottage along with those in Firkin Barn Cottage have the use of the owners private games room/gym (at guests own risk and provided children under 18 are accompanied by an adult) adding another dimension for the odd dull day or for those wishing to keep fit and also the laundry area with washing machine and tumble drier.
Hop Press Cottage attracts many return visitors who appreciate the peaceful rural alternative with plenty of parking, whilst still being close to Rye with its many attractions.
Prices and Booking
Our prices for both short breaks and longer holidays vary with the seasons and there are often special offers for Late Availability.
So do please click the link to be directed straight through to our main website on www.Homeaway.co.uk where we are proud to be one of their Premier Partners. You will be able to read current reviews, and make an Instant Booking, and receive Instant Confirmation, with no delays. You can of course ask any questions or send us messages as well and be sure of a speedy response. Further, you can be sure of the best price and comprehensive payment protection.
Children and extra beds
- Dining Area
- Ironing board
- Living Room
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
LocationHop Press Cottage, is an idyllic Grade II detached cottage, located within the walled garden of our farmhouse, and perfect for a romantic break. (Do let us know if your stay is for a special occasion!) It has its own secluded private cobbled terrace with barbeque and across the walled garden is a gateway leading out [...]
Getting to RyeBy train
Trains depart from London, Charing Cross, and change at Ashford International for Rye
Rye is situated on the A259 (which bypasses the ancient citadel) between Hastings to the west and Folkestone to the east and on the A268 from the north.
There is street parking outside Froglets Cottage, but this cannot be guaranteed as there are so few places in the medieval citadel. There are always plenty of spaces in the car parks, the closest being the Cattle Market, but all are within a few minutes walk.
Getting to NorthiamBy road
For Northiam village follow the A268, and at the southern end of the village take the left hand fork to Rye. About one and a half miles further on, take the right hand turn, into Clayhill, signposted to Staplecross. Morley Farm , Hop Press Cottage & Firkin Barn can be found about a mile and a half along on the right hand side.
A detailed map will be sent with your booking confirmation.
There is off road private parking for Hop Press Cottage & Firkin Barn. There is plenty of welloff road parking for both Hop Press Cottage & Firkin Barn.