Guests are requested not to smoke inside the property
Guests are strongly advised to take out travel insurance to cover any cancellation charges.
During main holiday periods, changeover day is Friday, and the cottage is available from 4.30 pm on arrival day, until 10.00am upon departure. At other times, we welcome short breaks of any duration and are pleased to make individual arrangements.
1) The Applicant certifies that they are over 18 and authorised to sign the proposal form on behalf of all guests who will occupy the property, and that they are all (apart from children) aware of the Booking Conditions. No other guests other than those named on the form may occupy the property without written confirmation from the owner. Additional guests without such agreement will constitute a breach of contract and the owner has the right to terminate the booking forthwith and all monies paid will be forfeit.
2) All guests undertake to take care of the property and will replace or pay for any articles damaged, chipped or lost by their party. All guests undertake to leave the property in the clean and tidy condition in which they find it and pay for any additional cleaning if they fail to do so, and also to leave the key where instructed at the end of their stay.
3) No booking shall be deemed as confirmed until a deposit has been paid and confirmed in writing by the owner.
4) Cancellation Policy – 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check in date.
5) The balance of the holiday cost is due 4 weeks prior to the date of arrival and if not received by this date, the owner will contact the applicant by all means available. If the balance remains unpaid, then the owner shall immediately re-offer the holiday and any monies already received shall be forfeit unless the dates are re-let as set out in 3) above.
6) Pets are only allowed by specific prior agreement and subject to the owner accepting liability for any damage they may do, and on the condition that they are not left unattended in the property. Pet owners undertake not to allow their pets on the beds, and also to bring their own suitable pet bedding with them. Pet owners are reminded that other guests including children will use the gardens, and undertake to clean up any mess made by their pets.
7) Properties are available from 4.30pm on arrival day and until 10.00am on departure day. These times must be adhered to except by special arrangement in writing from the owner.
8) The use of all amenities provided by the owners is entirely at users risk and no responsibility can be accepted for any injuries to persons or loss or damage to any belongings of persons who use them. Children must be accompanied by an adult when using the games room/gym.
9) If the property should not be available owing to damage by fire or storm or for any other reason outside of the control of the owner or for any reason the owner is not able to comply with this agreement the owner shall refund to the applicant the full amount of money paid and the owners liability is limited to the refunding of such monies.
10) Finally, in spite of all due care and precautions taken, mistakes do sometimes happen. Any complaint must be taken up immediately in full with the owner who will take all reasonable steps to put the matter right.
Firkin Barn is a lovely old 18th Century barn constructed of ragstone and old brickwork, heavily beamed, and opening onto the old walled garden of Morley Farm. It has undergone sympathetic conversion to a very high standard, carefully retaining its many historic features in keeping with the estate which dates back some 600 years.
Firkin Barn Sleeping up to five, the property offers stylish and luxurious accommodation. It has two double bedrooms (one with an additional rolling trundle bed suitable for a child) and two bathrooms, one being ensuite to the master bedroom. As with our other properties, a travel cot, stair gate and child’s booster seat can all be supplied if required.
The characterful living/dining room with its part stone walls and cosy log burner for cooler days is very comfortably furnished with colourful rugs, characterful lighting and oak furniture. The kitchen has a wonderful vaulted ceiling and part stone walls and is fully fitted with country style units, oven, hob, with extractor, fridge, freezer, dishwasher, microwave etc as well as an additional dining area.
A downstairs cloakroom leads off the kitchen and a stable door leads onto the old garden and an ancient brick terrace where guests can enjoy outside dining, with table, chairs, barbeque and sunloungers in season. Whilst sharing the walled garden with Hop Press Cottage, each property has its own terrace, screened from the other by numerous mature shrubs and trees in the old garden, providing privacy and seclusion.
The owners private gym/games room with full sized table tennis table is approached through a separate entrance along with the utility area with washing machine and tumble drier.
The garden in turn leads to our farmland with sheep and lambs in springtime (guests can enjoy feeding the newborn lambs!) and our own chickens supplying very fresh eggs.
Whilst the barn enjoys a more contemporary feel internally than Hop Press Cottage, it retains a lot of character and is in an historic setting making a wonderful and unique atmosphere which we feel sure our guests will enjoy.
Larger parties may like to know that there is an additional Suite comprising of double bedroom complete with tea/coffee making facilities and ensuite shower room, approached via its own private front door which can be booked upon request along with Firkin Barn Cottage.
Prices and Booking
Our prices for both short breaks and longer holidays vary with the seasons and there are often special offers for Late Availability.
So do please click the link to be directed straight through to our main website on www.Homeaway.co.uk where we are proud to be one of their Premier Partners. You will be able to read current reviews, and make an Instant Booking, and receive Instant Confirmation, with no delays. You can of course ask any questions or send us messages as well and be sure of a speedy response. Further, you can be sure of the best price and comprehensive payment protection.
Children and extra beds
Accepted credit cards
- Coffee Maker
- Dining Area
- Dishes & Utensils
- DVD Player
- Ironing board
- Living Room
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
LocationFirkin Barn is a lovely old 18th Century barn constructed of ragstone and old brickwork, heavily beamed, and opening onto the old walled garden of Morley Farm. It has undergone sympathetic conversion to a very high standard, carefully retaining its many historic features in keeping with the estate which dates back some 600 years. Firkin [...]
Getting to RyeBy train
Trains depart from London, Charing Cross, and change at Ashford International for Rye
Rye is situated on the A259 (which bypasses the ancient citadel) between Hastings to the west and Folkestone to the east and on the A268 from the north.
There is street parking outside Froglets Cottage, but this cannot be guaranteed as there are so few places in the medieval citadel. There are always plenty of spaces in the car parks, the closest being the Cattle Market, but all are within a few minutes walk.
Getting to NorthiamBy road
For Northiam village follow the A268, and at the southern end of the village take the left hand fork to Rye. About one and a half miles further on, take the right hand turn, into Clayhill, signposted to Staplecross. Morley Farm , Hop Press Cottage & Firkin Barn can be found about a mile and a half along on the right hand side.
A detailed map will be sent with your booking confirmation.
There is off road private parking for Hop Press Cottage & Firkin Barn. There is plenty of welloff road parking for both Hop Press Cottage & Firkin Barn.